A dynamic atmosphere of cooperation and mutual aid !!
At the Hôpital Vétérinaire Center-Ville de Montréal, we offer a stimulating work environment that allows you to develop professionally, while maintaining a balance between work and personal life.
Your spirit, respect, honesty and desire to provide the best services to our customers are the values that drive us!
Under the supervision of emergency veterinarians, the technician will be responsible for the proper functioning of the emergency department in collaboration with the other technicians of the department and of the establishment. Customer service, patient follow-up and animal care must be a priority for the successful candidate.
- Have a technician diploma in animal health;
- Have a particular interest and curiosity for the emergency;
- Have an interest and skills in customer service;
- Be autonomous, responsible and know how to manage one’s priorities well;
- Have a good knowledge of French and English (spoken and written);
- Have a good management of priorities and a good sense of organization;
- Being able to work in a team – informs and consults colleagues;
- Be able to adapt to stress – able to manage several projects at the same time;
- Have good judgment;
- Help the veterinarian during the consultation with the client (taking a history, TPR, restraint, help filling out the file);
- Anticipate patient needs, follow-up of billing, post-hospitalization follow-up, result reminders / reassessments;
- Provide excellent customer service, respond to requests for information from clients and referring veterinarians and perform the necessary follow-ups (post consultation / treatment or hospitalization follow-up, sending reports, taking calls);
- Prepare patient discharge with clients; explain the recommendations, medications and their administration, home observation;
- Make follow-up appointments and new cases;
- Participate in continuing education;
- Perform other related tasks;
What we also offer:
- 3 weeks, vacation after two years.
- 3 sick days per year;
- 2 days for your family obligations per year;
- 16 hours of leave per year for your professional and personal life;
- Discounts on the care and food of your animal;
- Budget for uniforms, work clothes, physical activity and continuing education (after probation).
Job type: permanent
Salary: $ 19.00 to $ 27.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Supplementary health insurance
- Life insurance
- Annual and compensatory leave
- Flexible hours
- Reduced or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness programs
- Tariff reductions
- Profit sharing plans
- on-site parking
- To ensure the safety of our employees as well as that of our customers, we have plexiglass in place and provide 2 washable masks to our employees. Hand sanitizer is available at all times as well as cleaning products
** To apply, you must click on the “apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.