Assistant to the head of the leisure and culture department
- Region: Laurentides
- City: OKA
- Organization: Municipality of Oka
- Deadline: 2021-01-22
The Municipality of Oka is currently looking for candidates to occupy one (1) permanent full-time position of assistant to the head of the recreation and culture department. Choosing to invest in Oka means choosing a public organization that takes services to citizens, tourism development and environmental protection at heart. Join our dynamic team and help build a quality living environment!
Under the authority of the recreation and culture manager, the incumbent acts as an assistant responsible for the recreation and culture department and performs various tasks related to planning, organization, the coordination of various events and programming of the recreation and culture department.
The main responsibilities of the holder are:
- Coordinate the programming of leisure and culture courses;
- Coordinate sports activities offered by Municipality;
- Manage the different needs of associations and organizations;
- Supervise, plan and coordinate the activities of the day camp;
- Coordinate and organize the activities and events offered by the Municipality;
- Participate and collaborate in the inspection of sports and recreational facilities;
- Perform various administrative work related to the recreation and culture department;
- Write various reports in connection with the leisure and culture department;
- All other related tasks falling within his competence.
Education and experience required:
- Have completed a DEC in leisure technology or equivalent training;
- Have two years of experience in a similar position (experience acquired in the municipal sector will be considered an important asset);
- Know computer tools, including Microsoft Office suite software;
- Knowing the Sport-Plus software would be an asset;
- Having a good knowledge of cultural, sporting and community environments would be an asset;
- He holds a valid driver’s license of the fifth category.
Required qualities :
- Have a good sense of organization and planning and be able to work under pressure;
- To be creative;
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and judgment;
- Have good interpersonal skills, autonomy and be a good communicator;
- Have skills in personnel management;
- Be able to manage several priorities at the same time;
- Ability to manage the unexpected;
- Ability to work in a team.
This is a management position, permanent full time, at a rate of 40 hours per week. Occasionally, you have to be willing to work outside of your regular work schedule.
The Municipality of ”Oka” offers competitive working conditions and multiple social benefits. Interested candidates with the qualifications listed above are requested to send their curriculum vitae and a cover letter on or before May 22, 2021 to the following address:
MUNICIPALITY OF OKA
JOB OFFER – ASSISTANT MANAGER OF THE LEISURE AND CULTURE DEPARTMENT
183 RUE DES ANGES
OKA (QUEBEC) J0N 1E0
EMAIL: [email protected]
Organization / Company: Municipality of Oka
City : OKA
Email: [email protected]
Phone : (450) 479-8333
Fax: (450) 479-1886
** To apply, you must click on the “Apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.