ATTENDANT (E) CARE OF ANIMALS AND LAUNDRY-AREA OF RESEARCH…
Under the direction of the veterinary director and the head of the animal service, performs functions related to the maintenance, operation of the cage washer, sterilization, feeding and care of animals according to a pre-established schedule.
1- Change the cages.
2- Prepare and provide food and water to the animals.
3- Ensures the comfort, health and well-being of animals while respecting research protocols.
4- Immediately inform the veterinarian, the animal facility manager and the technicians of any apparent change in the state of health of the animals.
5- Cleans, disinfects and autoclaves the cages; washes bottles, screens and other accessories.
6- Make sure to fill the cages and prepare the equipment necessary for the proper functioning of the animal facility.
7- Perform weekly maintenance of the cage washer.
8- Lights the cage washer according to the distribution of tasks assigned to it.
9- Ensures the general maintenance of accommodation premises and ensures that all equipment is available for the proper functioning of the room.
10- Complete the information relating to the maintenance of the room and collect the temperature and humidity data in the register dedicated to the accommodation room.
11- Immediately inform the animal facility manager of any temperature, humidity and ventilation anomaly in an accommodation room.
12- Ensures that all personal protective equipment such as gloves, masks, shoe covers and gowns are available in animal accommodation rooms, surgery rooms, intervention rooms and near the entrances to pet stores.
13- Receive, store and deliver the food and accessories necessary for the maintenance of animals.
14- Make modifications to the oxygen and CO2 cylinders. Report the inventory of these.
15- Dispose of carcasses and waste according to prescribed procedures.
16- Eliminate the biological risk of chemical waste according to the schedule.
17- Ensures the cleanliness of all work areas.
18- Inventory of animals.
19- Report to the animal house manager the inventory of equipment necessary for the proper functioning of the animal house.
20- Maintains, repairs equipment and instruments if necessary.
21- Maintains cleaning and sanitation records.
The list of tasks and responsibilities described above is a summary and does not constitute a complete and detailed list of tasks that may be performed.
Education / Professional experience and skills
SECONDARY 5 COMPLETED
- EXPERIENCE WITH ANIMALS IN THE RESEARCH ENVIRONMENT IS A CERTAIN ASSET
- KNOWLEDGE OF THE MEDICAL / STERILE WORK ENVIRONMENT
- GOOD PHYSICAL CONDITION
- BE ABLE TO LIFT LOADS (30-50 LBS)
- ABILITY TO PERFORM REPETITIVE WORK
- TEAM COLLABORTION ATTITUDE
- ABILITY TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY
- EXCELLENT SENSE OF OBSERVATION
- EXCELLENT MANUAL DEXTERITY
- ATTITUDE IN COMMUNICATION
- CONCERN FOR THE WELL-BEING OF ANIMALS
- ABILITY TO WORK WITH RODENTS
Application deadline: 2021-01-29
Planned start date: 01/02/2021
Job type: Full time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $ 17.16 to $ 20.77 per hour
- Supplementary health insurance
- Annual and compensatory leave
- Employee assistance program
- Group RRSP
- From Monday to Friday
- Increase in overtime
- KNOWLEDGE OF THE MEDICAL / STERILE WORK ENVIRONMENT: 1 year (preferred)
- WORKING WITH SMALL ANIMALS (RODENTS): 1 year (compulsory)
Precautions against COVID-19:
- Remote recruitment process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines
- Virtual interviews
- Reinforced disinfection and cleaning procedures
** To apply, you must click on the “Apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.