YMCAs day camps in Quebec offer fun and stimulating physical and intellectual activities. The YMCA has long been known for its youth and child development programs. Our activities are comprehensive, taking into account the needs and interests of each age group. Successful daily camp programs are offered to many children at many of our Y Centers.
By reporting to the camp coordinator, the facilities will work with children aged 5 to 12 years to provide them with a safe and meaningful camp experience. He will plan and lead activities that are age appropriate for the children. He will participate in all aspects of the camp, as well as create and maintain positive interactions with children, parents, and other team members.
Your tasks and responsibilities
1) You will adapt the camp games in cooperation with your co-facilitator to facilitate the integration of the children you will accompany.
2) You will use and assist in developing the various tools available to you in order to provide the best service for your vehicle (s) and contribute to the awareness of the integration program.
3) You will comply with and ensure compliance with the established sanitary procedures.
4) Your camper will accompany you in the water during water activities such as swimming lessons or free swimming.
5) You will ensure that children are adequately supervised at all times and that the camp is always safe and clean.
6) You will continually collaborate with the animators in order to effectively include children under your responsibility.
7) You will communicate regularly with parents and respond to their requests and questions in a prompt and courteous manner to develop and maintain a positive relationship with them and their children.
8) You will attend and participate in all preparatory meetings and training required for the camp, including weekly camp meetings and welcome phone calls.
9) You will adhere to the YMCA policies and procedures governing the protection of children and vulnerable people.
Why join the YMCA?
It is clear that YMCA offers competitive compensation and benefits, but working within our teams also means having the opportunity to:
- Developing your expertise and gaining relevant experience
- It really makes a difference in people’s lives
- You have the opportunity to take on exciting challenges
- Work with people who are passionate about the camp experience and childhood intervention
A glimpse of the candidate wanted after
- In order to comply with the Quebec Campsites Standards, you must be 3 years older than the oldest of the minor participants (15 years).
- You must have experience in a day camp or residential camp (an asset)
- You must have a valid CPR and first aid certificates on the first day of camp
- You must be able to swim or be in the pool
- You must be fluent in French and English
- You must not have any legal impediment regarding employment
Location: Downtown, Cartierville, West Island, YMCA Du Parc, Wesmount and / or YMCA Notre-Dame-de-Grâce
Salary: $ 14.25 / hour
Work schedule: Monday through Friday – 30 to 40 hours per week, variable hours
Mandatory Meetings and Training: End of April (signing contract), evenings, weeks and weekends in June
Starting date: June 28, 2021 to August 27, 2021
Do you know yourself?
If, like us, you think that whatever your background, going to summer camp, learning outdoors, and equipping the future generation through play and fun is so important, we want to know more about you!
Send us your CV and cover letter today via email: [email protected]
• Fill out the form sent by Autoresponder
Thanks for your interest! We will start reaching successful applicants at the end of January 2021. Group and individual interviews will begin roughly in February 2021!
- With the same competence, on the basis of the information we have about the candidate, we prefer the candidate from diversity. This is to ensure that we have representation within our animation, escort and management teams, for both the youth and families we serve and for our staff and volunteers.
** To apply, you must click on the “Apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.