You may not know our name, but you do know where we are. In fact, Compass Group Canada is part of a global food service and support company and is the sixth largest in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You will find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, high residences, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps, military installations and more. We are present in every major city, on remote worksites and beyond, and do business in Canada and in more than 50 countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and grow your career forward!
Imagine working in a place that inspires you to be your best self and helps others feel at home. We provide an environment that balances independence and support. We provide personalized care, tailored to the needs of our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to socialize and enjoy life – it inspires us to behave the same way. This is what you might call the best example of healthy living. Join us.
Why work with Marquise Hospitality? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support provider. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience in the retirement home industry. Choose a job that makes a difference every day in people’s lives, including your job.
Perform a variety of tasks essential to operating foodservice operations.
Primary tasks and responsibilities:
- Set the table in the dining room for every meal service. Check and ensure that ceramic dishes, pots, cups and utensils are clean.
- Participate in collecting meals for serving on trays according to meal cards that refer to therapeutic diets.
- Prepare coffee and tea throughout the day. Remove coffee and teapots from the dining room to ensure residents / patients cannot access them as they pose a safety risk.
- Observe ARMPC guidelines to ensure food safety / preparation methods.
- Participate in basic food preparation and catering for special functions as a delegate.
- Renewal of service areas.
- Clean the dining room floor after every meal service.
- Perform cleaning tasks as required or as published in the cleaning schedule for the day.
- Adhere to WHMIS guidelines and a Material Safety Data Sheet for the use of chemicals, detergents or disinfectants.
- Report any injury or unsafe condition to a supervisor or food service manager immediately.
Do you think you are the ideal candidate to become one of our nutritional aids? We are committed to recruiting the most talented people for this role. Here’s how we’ll know if you will succeed in this role.
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Previous experience as a food assistant or similar position.
- Knowledge of hygiene and safety guidelines.
- Skills in preparing meals.
- Good time management and ability to multitask.
- The ability to work in a team and independently.
- Remarkable communication and interpersonal skills.
- The physical ability to perform the job duties.
Compass Group Canada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and workplace that represents the communities in which we operate. We encourage application and are happy to consider all eligible applicants, regardless of race, color, nationality, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, indigenous status, age, or people who need housing.
For accommodation solutions requests during the recruitment process, please call (see below) for more information.
** To apply, you must click on the “Apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.