Golf course superintendent…
Recognized for its fascinating history, the Fairmont Le Château Montebello golf club is today renowned for its demanding course. Designed by Stanley Thompson in 1929, the fairways of this magnificent course wind through attractive forests and its spectacular waterfalls delight golfers the world over. Several high departures offer a superb view of the surrounding hilly regions. Unlike most courtyards today, each of the aisles feels secluded, helping to create that atmosphere of privacy that makes you feel like you are alone.
What the establishment offers you:
- Advantages and reduced prices for traveling in Accor hotels
- cafeteria service
- free access to the sports center and the indoor swimming pool
- Pension funds
- Collective insurance
- The opportunity to develop your talents and flourish within the establishment and in the world
- The ability to make a difference through our ethics and corporate social responsibility activities, such as Planet 21
Your role :
Reporting to the Director of Golf, this position consists of overseeing the maintenance and operation of the prestigious Fairmont Le Château Montebello golf course. The superintendent oversees an experienced team as well as managing the maintenance of all vehicles and equipment. The essential responsibilities and functions of the Superintendent of Golf include, but are not limited to:
1) Provide professional, friendly and engaging service at all times;
2) Directing and managing the golf course maintenance department and ensuring compliance with all rules, policies, procedures and service standards;
3) Develop and execute an annual operating budget;
4) Manage technical aspects, including water management programs, growing media strategies, cleaning and fertility;
5) Manage the golf course maintenance program, including internal and rental equipment, maintenance buildings and the architectural integrity of the course;
6) Supervise the mechanical maintenance of all vehicles and equipment of the golf course and the hotel;
7) Maintain a long term plan for turf management, equipment purchases / replacement and renovation / capital projects;
8) Responsible for human resources management, including hiring, training, schedules, culture, motivation, communication and team spirit;
9) Be responsible for purchases and costs related to the maintenance of the course and equipment;
10) Maintain detailed records of all chemical applications and pesticide reduction programs;
11) Ensure compliance with government and corporate environmental requirements
12) Stay on the cutting edge of technology and golf course maintenance techniques;
13) Supervise special projects with contractors or professionals on the golf course;
14) Supervise the cleaning, signage and maintenance of cross-country ski trails;
15) Observe all worker health and safety policies.
Your experience and skills include:
- The position requires training in golf course management;
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Must have ACSG or ASGC class A;
- Must have 5 years of experience in a supervisory position on a golf course;
- Must have a valid pesticide certificate;
- Must be bilingual (French-English) orally and in writing;
- Must have solid knowledge in the field of irrigation and computerized control systems;
- Must have a good sense of organization, leadership and communication at all levels;
- The ability to use Microsoft, Windows applications;
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Particularly responsible and reliable;
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote the diversity of talent.
Why work at Accor?
We are much more than a world leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find the profession and the brand that match your personality.
We support you in your development and daily learning, we make sure that your work gives meaning to your life. So, during your experience with us, you…
** To apply, you must click on the “Apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.