Position: Fixed Engineer (P01732)
Description: Cégep Limoilou is a creative university with a wide variety of clients and that promotes the achievements and commitment of all. Recognized for the quality of our teaching, we offer a variety of pre-university and technical programs, certificates of college study, and continuing education. Working at Cégep Limoilou means participating in an inspiring community that joins forces to drive the success of thousands of students.
You are motivated:
- Are maintenance and inspections performed to help maintain the reliability of the systems?
- Are failure risks proactively identified at source?
- Participate in optimizing device control?
As a fixed mechanic, you perform maintenance in a way that contributes to your team’s energy efficiency goal. You can ensure the comfort of campus users to provide them with an ideal environment for studying and working. You make your own contribution to modern and sustainable building management in a team where tasks evolve.
The most important and common task of a person in this work class is to take care of the operation of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and automatic control devices in such a way as to maintain optimal operating conditions and achieve the best energy efficiency of the devices.
- Carry out the necessary work, depending on the type of equipment and certificates, to comply with the law and the regulations applicable to the equipment used by it.
- carry out inspections and measures for preventive maintenance and user comfort;
- Make sure the premises and equipment are safe.
- Check the available material and fill in the order forms if necessary to get the material needed for its work;
- The use of technical information and means of communication provided to him may be requested in connection with the work to be performed.
If necessary, he will perform all other related tasks.
SOCIAL CONDITIONS AND BENEFITS
- Daily schedule
- Group insurance after six (6) months of continuous service
- Retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Indoor parking
- Four (4) weeks leave after one year of continuous service (in proportion to the time worked)
- 13 public holidays (holiday period: public holiday from 23 December 2020 to 3 January 2021)
Requirements: Certification certificate for a fixed engine mechanic including heating class and class IV steam engines and class B refrigeration equipment (apprenticeship cards are currently being acquired).
• Be able to take care of the physical effort required for work and lift loads of about 20 kg.
• you have appropriate experience with the characteristics;
• possess practical knowledge of the industry;
• have the ability to use service equipment;
• take care of customer service;
• Demonstrate discipline at work;
• Have skills for teamwork.
Tests required: These requirements are likely to be measured by written or practical tests (knowledge of the job, scenarios, pre-employment medical examination). Cégep Limoilou orders and applies the program for equal access to employment. It invites women, indigenous peoples, prominent minorities, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities to apply. Accommodation can also be provided for people with disabilities to facilitate the selection process. Notes: If your professional experience has changed since your last visit, we invite you to attach your resume to highlight your entire professional development.
If you are applying from a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive a confirmation email asking you to update your resume in order for your application to be considered.
** To apply, you must click on the “Apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.