The smart grids and cybersecurity team provides complete solutions from A to Z including: advisory role, research, task planning, monitoring and audit while providing procurement support.
Our expertise covers a variety of areas such as cybersecurity, physical and site security, telecommunications network migration, operating system and operating technology, server centers and control centers.
This vast expertise makes us a partner with strong knowledge and skills to help solve the challenges our clients face.
We therefore offer effective and proactive strategies with a long-term vision to meet the demands of the digital age.
The Smart Grids and Cyber Security business unit is looking for an intermediary telecommunications technician. The technician receives work instructions from a senior team leader. His main role is to provide technical assistance to the various members of the team and to actively participate in the implementation of various field projects in the fields of telecommunications, wireless communications, IP networks, FTTH, ITS and infrastructure. He could thus be invited to work within the retail design team, particularly in the design of structured cabling, IP technologies, optoelectronic devices, the external network, “fiber to the home” (FTTH) technologies. . telecommunication room, etc.
- Carry out technical studies;
- Check the quality of the various installations with equipment and test methods;
- analyze and solve technical problems;
- participate in the design of plans, specifications and technical documents in accordance with customer standards;
- Provide detailed installation prices for frames and equipment space.
- issue or maintain offers to install telecommunications equipment;
- participate in project monitoring meetings;
- Collaborate with different members of the technical team and work with different teams involved in the project.
- Ability to work in a structured and organized environment (norms and standards).
- The candidate must have a DEC technological program which includes telecommunications and / or network and computer programs
- Relevant experience of 3 to 5 years in the field of telecommunications.
- Excellent skills for working alone and in a team are essential;
- General knowledge of the various wireless transmission systems and standards in the telecommunications industry is required;
- Good understanding of spoken and written French and English.
- Fundamentals of computer and IP systems (CCNA is an asset);
- willing to work at height (roof and telescope);
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office family software package;
- have a good grasp of the basic principles of radiofrequency systems;
- is able to adapt to technological developments;
- An ASP construction certificate should be desirable;
- Be precise and methodical;
- The use of Visio and AutoCAD software is a resource;
- Knowledge or experience in managing Windows and Linux server systems would also be an asset;
- Available to travel anywhere in Quebec and Canada
** To apply, you must click on the “Apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.