Join the culinary team of The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Improve your cooking skills with some of the best chefs in Vermont, while enjoying the Canadian Rocky Mountains lifestyle.
What is there for you:
- Experience living in Banff National Park in the popular Lake Louise region
- Subsidized housing for staff provided on site for full-time status
- Access to the activities of our Lifestyle program
- a service meal in our recently renovated staff cafeteria
- Employee travel program
- discounts on food and drink / gym / spa / golf
- An opportunity to develop and nurture your talent at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and over 5,000 acres of estate
What you are going to do:
- Service Prepare the required ingredients in a timely and efficient manner as directed by Chef D Party / Sauce Chef as per the standards so that there is no interruption in customer service.
- Adhere to standard recipes and specifications to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
- Keep the workstation clean and organized, including refrigerators/freezers, counters and hobs
- Ensure that the station opening and closing procedures are carried out in accordance with standards.
- Minimize overproduction and food waste in order to reduce food expenditure
- Operate all kitchens and behave with safety in mind at all times
- Ensure all food products are safely handled, stored, prepared and served in accordance with hotel and government food safety guidelines
- Report any functional deficiencies in kitchen equipment and quality of food products to the Chef de Partie / Sous Shef in a timely manner.
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment and actively participate in occupational health and safety initiatives
- Compliance with all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
- Perform any other assigned task
Your experience and skills, understand:
- Minimum 2 years of cooking experience
- Experience in a luxury hotel with similar service
- and standards an asset
- Certificate or diploma of
- a recognized culinary school an asset
** To apply, you must click on the “Apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.