By applying for this position, you are applying for a MILITARY JOB.
A good meal always has a positive influence on the morale of the troops. Cooks must therefore ensure the preparation of nutritious food and meals at various National Defense establishments in Canada and abroad. They must also do so under strict food safety conditions, wherever they are. This occupation is also available in the Reserve Force (part-time).
- Prepare and serve meals, ranging from canteen dishes to official multi-course meals for military and civilian dignitaries
- Assist in the handling and control of food and non-food products
- Apply occupational health and safety procedures
- Offer food arrangements according to religious and spiritual needs
- Ensuring food security
- Use, clean and maintain feeding equipment and facilities
In the Regular Force, we cannot guarantee your place of work, you may be called upon to work anywhere in Canada. Military personnel may be called upon to work atypical hours. However, if you want to work only in your area, the Reserve Force may be an alternative.
The salary will increase according to the value and experience of the member according to the salary scales in effect on April 1, 2020. For more information on the rates of pay: http://bit.ly/FACSolde19
EQUIVALENT CIVILIAN JOBS:
- Cooking in an establishment or restaurant
- Restaurant teacher in a secondary school or college
- Director or supervisor of a catering establishment
- Paid vacation
- Retirement plan
- Medical and dental coverage
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
- Uniform and equipment provided
- Insurance of medical and paramedical expenses
- Accidental death insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick days
- Mobile vacations
- Regional disparity bonus
- Training and development program
- Competitive compensation
** To apply, you must click on the “Apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.