Job Title: Lead Scripter – Beenox
Claim ID: R004693
Job Description: Founded in 2000, Beenox is a video game development studio located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada. Beenox is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., the world’s leading leader in interactive development.
The studio is proud to be involved in the development of the famous Call of Duty segment today. Beenox was also part of the success of Crash Bandicoot, Skylanders, Spider-Man and Guitar Hero franchising.
At Beenox, we feel like we are part of a team that looks to us and is good to work with. Our studio is an open world where it’s easy to chat with everyone, including studio managers. After all, each person brings their own unique touch to projects that reveal their abilities to the world.
We can say that video games are in the blood!
Under the direct supervision of the design director, the script team leader is the strategic leader of the feature implementation team. He implements a production plan that meets the objectives of the project. His success depends on the performance of his entire team.
The script manager is collaborating with the production;
- Identify the goals of his / her team according to the objectives of the project. Make sure the work of his team is in line with these.
- Participate in setting deadlines for team members and coordinating their resources to achieve the mandate (goals to be achieved) within the set timeframe.
- Mobilize your team so that everyone knows your goals and qualitative expectations.
Script Team Leader in collaboration with other team leaders:
- Collaborate with other sectors to achieve project objectives.
- Consult with the right stakeholders when expectations exceed team capacity or if the team offers different methods than originally planned.
- Tell your team about hot things and make sure the message is matched properly. On the other hand, your team as a spokesperson with other departments and management.
- Assist in problem situations.
The script team leader is in collaboration with the design department;
- Supervises and supports his team members in developing their professional skills.
- Conduct an evaluation of your team’s performance.
- Recommend the work done by the team in the project.
The script manager does this together with the game director;
- Understand defined goals. Set priorities according to the goals to be achieved.
- Recommend improvements and participate in their implementation.
- Analyze the problems faced by his team and suggest solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience in video game programming/scripts;
- Excellent communication and management skills;
- work organization skills;
- Ability to manage multiple files simultaneously and delegate;
- Motivation to promote team members;
- advanced knowledge of French and English;
- Positive attitude and ease of working in a team with high collaboration and mentoring;
- Property: Good knowledge of the Call of Duty series;
- Assets: Experience in console and computer development;
- Property: Knowledge of LUA
** To apply, you must click on the “Apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.