Job title: Packaging Contractor
Location: Bolton Food
Location: Bolton, ON
Position: Contract period – 12 months
The production operator is responsible for handling materials implementing full quality controls. The incumbent may also be required to perform packaging equipment operation to complete the conversion process and fill the final product prior to shipment in accordance with all standard operating procedures and routine specifications. This includes all aspects within the assigned process and adherence to all company standards of safety, quality, cost, and reliability to meet the customer’s needs.
This position is responsible for the normal operation of the tools in operation and may include the packing part. These include parts assembly, de-jamming, fault reset, major changes, product quality inspection, and maintaining the quality of production processes in this regard.
- Ensure that your incoming and outgoing shipments are accurate and free from damage. Reporting of quality variances
- Responsible for keeping equipment in designated area running through routine tasks of packing material loading, jam clearance, basic changes, and fault reset to meet or exceed schedule.
- Perform quality checks as defined in the SOP and highlight any issues to drive the shift
- Maintain area cleanliness and good manufacturing practices at or above standard.
- Active participation in the safety program as it applies to the shipping / receiving / packaging area, including area audits and conformity to all LOTO in the area and safety procedures.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Responsible for following all applicable quality and food safety policies and procedures
Key technical knowledge and skills
- A minimum high school diploma is required
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong troubleshooting skills are required
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and computer literacy
- Demonstrated ability to read / write in English
- Certified Forklift Operator / Capable of obtaining certification to operate a Forklift Truck an asset
- Post-secondary education in technical discipline is an asset
Critical learning experiences
- 2-5 years of manufacturing experience operating high speed packaging equipment
- Experience in quality systems and SPC
- 2-5 years of fork operations assets
- Experience in inventory management systems
- Knowledge of safety and quality procedures
Quality and food safety
Leveraging knowledge of Q / FS systems. The partner ensures that food safety requirements are effectively implemented. This includes training other partners on Hazard Analysis and Food Safety Critical Control Points (HACCP), ensuring the operationalization of CCP monitoring and continuous process improvement with any changes to our work environment.
This role works in a 12-hour shift, over an 8-day period. Shifts are as follows: Daily Shifts: 7:00 – 19:00; Night Shift: 19:00 – 7:00. The alternation of the shift was as follows: 2 days, 2 nights, 4 days off
** To apply, you must click on the “Apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.