Details of the request
Employment Status: Regular, full time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Chronic Pain Program and Bilingual Primary Health Care
Number of hours worked twice a week: 75
Work schedule: Day
Association / Negotiation Section: CUPE
By call: No.
The bilingual hospital secretary provides administrative support to the chronic pain program, bilingual primary care physicians, nurses (NPs), and multidisciplinary staff to provide excellent customer care and facilitate effective day-to-day operations. provides support. The hospital secretary welcomes patients and their families to the hospital.
Successful candidates must be fluent in French, spoken and written, in order to be able to communicate effectively with the clinical population.
The main role
- Screening incoming phone calls, texting, forwarding, scheduling, receiving, announcing scheduled patients and guests, and checking for unplanned patients and visitors.
- Referrals to other health care providers. Schedule consultations, x-rays, laboratory tests, physical therapy, MRI, and CT scans.
- Support nurses through calendar keeping, patient appointments, doctor’s consultations, professional meetings, conferences, and teleconferences.
- Prepares medical reports, summaries, patient histories, surgical records, manuscripts, and correspondence.
- Organizes, coordinates and monitors projects related to accreditation and training.
- Approves appropriate application protocols, including continuous improvements.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect procedures with high accuracy and confidentiality
- The inventory of office equipment will be conducted by checking resources, forecasting needs, ordering, expediting, and verifying documents.
- Ensure that office equipment is repaired and prevented, that preventive maintenance is performed, and that calls are made correctly.
- Provides appropriate diagnostic tools to detect co-morbidities under the guidance of the NP for the complete treatment of patients.
- Manages patient satisfaction surveys and provides results electronically.
- Maintains and reports statistics on funding requirements (eg MOHLTC, LHIN, etc.).
- The electronic medical record (EMR) system is responsible for entering new patient information, updating patient records, and classifying and classifying information such as fax, mail, scanning / tracking.
- Document all required conversations in the patient’s chart on the EMR.
- Vaccine refrigerators should be monitored and supplies such as vaccinated in accordance with public policy should be maintained (eg cold chain storage).
- Contact patients / family and specialist services as directed by the NP.
- Serves and protects the medical community in accordance with professional standards, medical policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements, and internal VON policies and procedures.
External and internal relations
- Communicates closely with district management teams, nurses, and other multi-stakeholder teams.
- Interacts with external manufacturers and service providers in the acquisition and maintenance of equipment.
- Interacts with health departments, health facilities, or continuing care facilities.
- Work with clients, families, specialists and other physicians.
Education, assignment and experience
- After secondary education in medical office management or related research is required.
- At least 2 years of work experience in a medical office environment.
- High level of computer skills required, such as Microsoft Office and Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Understanding the role of nursing practice in primary health care is an asset
- Proven to be reliable and punctual.
- Ability to set an example for clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast and dynamic work environment.
- High precision and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team (for example, the ability to work effectively with all members of the health team).
- Ability to prioritize, manage time efficiently and adapt to a challenging work environment.
- Make a decision.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate change and manage in an innovative way.
- Access to private vehicles for business purposes, current driver’s license and vehicle insurance certificate.
- Must meet the requirements of a criminal record examination
- Search for vulnerable sectors and / or check for child abuse records
pabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
** To apply, you must click on the “Apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.