The production foreman will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling all activities related to production. He is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment and must enforce occupational health and safety rules. He must maintain good working relationships with all employees.
- Be aware of the production schedule of his shift;
- Evaluate the quantity of production carried out during the previous shift;
- Analyze production reports and make the necessary adjustments to increase performance;
- Inspect the equipment continuously;
- Assign staff to workstations according to production needs;
- Transmit production instructions to each workstation;
- Carry out labor movements based on production changes and absences;
- Respond to technical questions from operators and day laborers;
- Follow up on production with the foreman of the next shift;
- Carry out unblocks on the line if necessary.
REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE:
- Inform mechanics of the tasks related to repair, adjustment of machines and maintenance;
- Repair minor machinery breakdowns;
- Monitoring of repairs carried out.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Evaluate the workforce needs of his team and advise his superintendent and human resources;
- Organize the integration and training of new employees;
- Ensure the smooth running of the training of new employees;
- Evaluate the performance and attitude of new employees in collaboration with human resources;
- Manage minor conflicts and notify the superintendent and human resources, if necessary;
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations;
- Company Be sure to follow company policies and procedures.
** To apply, you must click on the “Apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.