Ranked among the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada, Groupe Germain Hotels is a Quebec family business that owns and operates No Frills Luxury Alt and Le Germain hotels across the country. The company is known for its impeccable hospitality and the careful style that characterizes its hotels.
Each member of the Hôtel & Spa Le Germain Charlevoix team is chosen for their innate ability to take care of our customers, for their energy and enthusiasm. As our business grows nationally, we pride ourselves on providing our employees with real opportunities for advancement in all areas of our business.
Under the authority of the butler, the incumbent is mainly responsible for the proper functioning of the table service in the various restaurant areas.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in optimizing the level of satisfaction of internal and external customers
- Advise clients on different food and wine pairings as needed;
- Inform clients of the region’s various attractions;
- Participate in the development of quality standards and their implementation for its sector of activity.
- Establishment of food courts during opening and closing
- Make sure you have the necessary equipment for the service and put it in place (tablecloth, slat, napkin, etc.);
- Prepare the installation for service in food courts;
- Know the menus and master the management of food allergies to provide quality service;
- Ensure the cleanliness of service areas.
- Table service
- Greet customers, present the menu and place their order;
- Serve the dishes;
- Invoice the client at the end of the service;
- To empty the tables;
- The tasks mentioned above are not restrictive. The employee thus performs all other related tasks or according to his capacities.
- Vocational training certificate in table service or equivalent.
- One or three years of experience
- Basic knowledge of cooking;
- Basic knowledge of sommellerie;
- Basic knowledge of Master D software;
- Fluency in English (spoken).
- Ability to work in a team;
- Excellent sense of customer service;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Neat and professional appearance;
- Positive attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Manual skill;
- Communication skills.
- Do you like challenges? Join a growing company with real potential for advancement.
- You have any ideas? Our leadership style is flexible and we encourage initiative.
- Are you active? Stay in shape by having access to the exercise room at your workplace.
- Do you like to get involved? You will have the opportunity to contribute by supporting the many causes we support.
- Do you care about the family? As a family business, so do we! This is why you will have the opportunity to invite your loved ones as part of Family Day!
- You like to travel? Take advantage of a reduction for employees during your stay in our hotels and share with your loved ones with the Family and Friends reduction.
- Are you mobile? Enjoy a unique work experience thanks to our network of hotels located in the most beautiful Canadian cities
** To apply, you must click on the “Apply” button and submit your application directly on the Government of Quebec’s online recruitment site.