A large bowl of good warmth is always served as Minestrone soup on a cold day and this Italian-inspired recipe is a winner.
- ½ Small onion, finely chopped
- ½ Only white shallots washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- ½ diced celery stalk
- 100g French beans, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1.2 liters of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons of frozen peas
- 50g small shaped pasta
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions and leeks for 2 minutes, then add the carrots, celery, French beans, potatoes, and parsley and fry them for 4 minutes.
- My heart, the tomato paste, and cook for a minute.
- Pour over chicken or vegetable broth and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and pasta and cook for 5 minutes (check package instructions for when to cook pasta.