Root vegetables like carrots are a favorite among kids, and the natural sweetness of sweet corn makes these delicious balls irresistible.
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- ½ Onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 70 grams of fresh rusk, wheat or gluten-free bread crumbs
- 30g grated cheddar cheese or dairy-free alternative
- ½ teaspoon sweet chili sauce (optional for children 12 months and older)
- 3 tablespoons canned sweet corn was frozen or canned without sugar or salt
- Plain flour or gluten-free flour
- Sunflower oil 1 tablespoon
- Put the carrots and potatoes in a steamer and let them steam for 15 minutes until soft. Leave it to cool down.
- Put the rest of the ingredients, except for the flour and oil, in a food processor. Beat together until finely chopped. Form it into 18 balls and put it in flour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the balls 5 to 6 minutes over medium heat, until golden on all sides, and heat up completely.
- If needed, defrost overnight in the refrigerator or for a few hours at room temperature. Reheat in a preheated oven to 180 ° C (160 ° C fan), and Gas Mark 4 for approximately 10 minutes.